Thursday, October 13, 2011

Trick 13. Learning from others.

  In this installment on my blog, we'll be discussing "The World's Local Bank: An Approach to Consumer Alienation in a Globalized World" by Andrés Cassinelli.  As far as can be considered, this essay was pretty near perfect.  The structure was amazing and the context well written.  The author went into great detail, covered every aspect, featured the ad that their essay covered in an easily accessible location, and showed how this affects their life.  The biggest thing that I noticed, and that I can learn from was the thesis.  It was stated openly and also in detail within the beginning.  It really shows how it should be done and the best way for me to understand concepts is to see examples in person.  So I will be able to look back on this essay and kind of use it as a template for any future papers I have to write.

  Another impressive feat was that nothing in the paper was repetitive to a noticeable degree.  Every line was written differently from the previous which lead to it feeling fresh and kept your attention.  The author also brings about how important humor is to the average person.  They were right when they said that humor changes the ad from informative to entertainment.  Something people are more likely to remember.  I'll try the same thing in the future.

  One other feature I as impressed with, that I notice a lot of people are guilty of, myself included, is when they take their idea, and when describing it, they go back and forth.  They jump from one point of interest and go to another only to jump back.  This author just kept going straight forward and grabbing all the details at once.  This gives the feeling of a very defined paper that has been tested and written many times to get right.  It comes off as very professionally done.

No comments:

Post a Comment